EP217 - Psychedelic Assisted Therapy with Dee Dee Goldpaugh
Welcome to episode 217 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I'm delighted to welcome Dee Dee Goldpaugh, LCSW to the podcast. In this episode Dee Dee talks to me about psychedelic assisted therapy, how it can be used safely, and the benefits people can experience from it when done properly with a therapist.
Dee Dee Goldpaugh, LCSW (they/them/theirs) is a psychotherapist in private practice in New York City and Woodstock, NY. Their practice specializes in queer, sex and body-positive psychotherapy, and psychedelic integration, a form of therapy that assists clients in processing and applying the lessons from transpersonal and mystical experiences to their lives. Dee Dee has taught and written widely on the topic of psychedelics and sexuality.
As a survivor of sexual violence, Dee Dee sought healing with plant medicines in Peru to heal PTSD and has since become an advocate for therapist education, cognitive liberty, and the decriminalization of psychedelic medicines. They are a leader in their field on the topic of psychedelic integration and healing sexual trauma.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How Dee Dee became interested in psychedelic assisted therapy
- The internal experiences Dee Dee personally went through
- Looking at the healing piece of psychedelics
- The benefits people can experience from psychedelic assisted therapy
- Exploring embodied pleasure and out of body experiences
- Good practices therapists do adopt to use psychedelic assisted therapy safely
- Ways in which psychedelics can help with touch and sensitivity
- Is psychedelic assisted therapy a common practice?
Find Dee Dee Goldpaugh
Find Dr. Moali online
Find me on social media
25 Ways to Increase Desire
If you are interested in booking a video counselling session with Dr. Moali
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio