EP231 - How to Choose the Right Sex Toy with Dr. Megan Stubbs
Welcome to episode 231 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I’m delighted to welcome Dr. Megan Stubbs to the podcast. In this episode, Megan talks to me about sex toys, the evolution of them over the years, how they can improve your sex life, and recommendations for the best ones to check out.
Holding degrees in Human Sexuality and Biology, Dr. Megan Stubbs is an energetic multi-media savvy Sexologist. She has been building a brand that has sexual wellness, education, and pleasure at the forefront. With her respective degrees, she is able to combine two of her favorite things, science and sex, into a cohesive platform to impact her audience. She offers presentations on a wide variety of topics ranging from positive body image to sexual assault prevention. She is mindful of inclusion and brings a sensitivity to ethnic diversity rooted in her own complex heritage.
Her programming is designed to entertain and educate with actionable steps and information the participants can use as soon as they leave. Her advice is frequently quoted in national media outlets, she writes for many online and print publications, appears on television, speaks on radio, and presents at public and private events. Her new book, Playing Without a Partner: A Singles' Guide to Sex, Dating, and Happiness, is available now.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Looking at the history of sex toys
- The evolution and changes to sex toys over the years
- How sex was unknowingly used as treatment for women hundreds of years ago
- The ways in which sex toys can improve your sex life
- How sex toys can be an addition to your existing sex life
- The ways in which sex toys can break sexual boredom
- How couples can use sex toys together
- Can sex toys become addictive?
- Looking at health considerations when using sex toys
- Using lubricant alongside sex toys
- Good practices for using, cleaning and maintaining your sex toys
- Looking at the rising popularity of CBD oils
- Recommendations for good vibrators to check out
Find Dr. Megan Stubbs online
101 Ways to Keep Your Relationship Hot
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio