EP241 - What Research Says About Porn with Dr. Alan McKee & Katerina Litsou
Welcome to episode 241 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome to the podcast. In this episode, we discuss the relationship between pleasure and pornography, how our erotic template fits into porn and analyzing the negative connotations that usually come with porn.
Alan McKee is a Professor in Digital and Social Media in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at UTS. He is an expert on entertainment and healthy sexual development. He has published on healthy sexual development, and entertainment education for healthy sexuality in journals including the New Media and Society, Archives of Sexual Behavior, the International Journal of Sexual Health, the Journal of Sex Research and Sex Education.
Katerina Litsou is a senior research assistant and a doctoral researcher at the University of Southampton. She has a bachelor of psychology and a master of sexology. Her current research focuses on female sexuality and the use of pornography.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How Alan & Katerina became interested in this field
- How porn can be a feminist political act
- Looking at the data from various studies on porn
- How is porn defined in the research?
- Analyzing the negative connotations that usually come with porn
- The relationship between healthy masturbation and porn
- The importance of transparency and consent
- Looking at the correlation between pleasure and porn
- How many women feel porn isn’t politically correct
- Looking at how our erotic template fits into porn
- Analyzing the pros and cons of amateur porn
Find Alan McKee Online
Find Katerina Litsou Online
Expanding Imagination Checklist
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio