EP242 - Is Watching Porn Bad? with Diane Gleim, LMFT
Welcome to episode 242 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome Diane Gleim to the podcast. In this episode, we discuss whether it's bad to watch porn, the emergence of ethical porn, how many people fantasize about sex with multiple people, and the relationship between porn and masturbation.
Diane Gleim is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and AASECT Certified Sex Therapist and Supervisor practicing in northern California. Her clients include anyone with a sexual concern: individuals and couples ages 18-80 and beyond, and the LGBTQ+, kinky, and poly populations. She treats the many diverse issues related to sexual identity, sexual expression, sexual behavior, and sexual relationships.
In addition to her private practice, Diane’s work also includes training mental health professionals on a variety of topics related to sex and therapy and writing the blog Underneath the Sheets on Psychology Today’s website. She has been voted Sonoma County’s Best Sex Therapist for 4 years. Finally, Diane has appeared in various media including podcasts, her local media publications, and in Mel Magazine, The Buzz by Pure Romance, Quartz, and CNN.com.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Looking at the definition of porn
- The ambiguous areas of porn
- Analyzing the “suspension of disbelief”
- How can we create piece of mind for ourselves when consuming porn?
- Looking at the emergence of ethical porn
- The contributing factors behind people reacting negatively to porn
- Understanding it’s ok to like different types of porn
- How many people fantasize about sex with multiple people
- Communicating your porn consumption to your partner
- The relationship between porn and masturbation
- Why robust arguments in a relationship can be healthy long term
Find Diane Gleim Online
Expanding Imagination Checklist
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio