EP245 - What It's Like to Design Sex Toys for a Living with Dr. Soum Rakshit
Welcome to episode 245 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome Dr. Soum Rakshit to the podcast. In this episode, we discuss sex toys, how Dr. Soum Rakshit transitioned from electrical engineering to co-founding MysteryVibe, what goes into the design of a sex toy and how you can communicate to your partner that you want to incorporate sex toys into your sex life.
Dr. Soum Rakshit is the Co-Founder & CEO of award-winning sexual health company, MysteryVibe. Their mission is to make sexual health accessible to all — across all ages, genders & orientations.
From his research & experiences over the past 2 decades, Soumyadip deeply understands that a major challenge in most people’s lives is keeping the ‘mystery’ alive in a long term relationship. This is especially the case after major life events like childbirth, menopause, cancer treatment or surgery.
That’s why he decided to combine his defence electronics expertise with medical experts to create devices that address major sexual health issues like ED, dryness & pain during intercourse. At the same time, working closely with sexual health experts, his team has been at the forefront of researching & developing content that act as catalysts for people to start much-needed conversations to reignite their sex life.
In his role as CEO of MysteryVibe, he focuses on pushing the boundaries on R&D, customer experience and supporting their long- term goal of making sexual health an integral part of our overall health. Soumyadip passionately believes that by empowering people with actionable knowledge & purposeful innovation is the way to make this happen.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How Dr. Soum Rakshit transitioned from electrical engineering to co-founding MysteryVibe
- Ways to keep sex and mystery in the bedroom after big life events; kids, marriage etc
- The public’s perception of sexual health companies in 2021
- Why more investors are investing in sexual health companies
- Looking at what goes into the design of a sex toy
- Communicating to your partner you want to incorporate sex toys into your sex life
- Using complex technology to create simple solutions for people
- Looking at Pleasure Finder and how you can use it
- Looking at some of Dr. Soum Rakshit’s favourite sex toys
Find Dr. Soum Rakshit Online
Expanding Imagination Checklist
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio