EP35: 25 Lessons (Part 1)
To celebrate my 25th birthday, I will be sharing 25 lessons with you guys over the next two weeks. In this episode, I share 12 ranging from relationships, to investing, to passion.
1. Life is terribly short - especially when you have to drink cheap coffee.
2. Criticise by profession, praise by name.
3. The way we spend our days is ultimately how we live our lives.
4. Bad things only happen when you’re uninsured.
5. You cannot predict the future, yet your success as an investor is predicated on you predicting the future and being correct.
6. In a world full of anger and fear, sometimes people just want to be heard.
7. No one really knows what they’re doing, so stop putting pressure on yourself.
8. Desperation will kill your sales, investments and relationships.
9. Fix your house before you go out and try to change the world.
10. The first 3rd of my life I spent worrying about what people thought of me, the 2nd not caring, and in the 3rd I realised they were never thinking about me in the first place.
11. Everything comes in cycles and you choose which cycles to be a part of.
12. Passion follows proficiency.