ESSENTIAL MBTM VOL. 4: Great Power, Great Responsibility
Season 4 of Marvel by the Month was our biggest and best season yet, thanks to our fantastic, incredible, amazing guests. In this special recap episode, you'll hear (in order of appearance):
- Ibrahim Moustafa talk about the seminal Fantastic Four #51, "This Man, This Monster"
- Corregan Brown discuss the Black Panther's first appearance in Fantastic Four #52-53
- Curt Holman and Kevin Moreau from The Comics Canon podcast weigh in on whether the "Cosmic Doom" storyline in FF #57-60 is canon-worthy or not
- John Hodgman bluntly and hilariously summarize Avengers #39
- Noah Campbell gleefully share his thoughts about the Locust's first appearance in X-Men #24
- Miles Stokes from the Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men podcast x-plain what's important about the Juggernaut's second appearance in X-Men #32-33
- Fred Hembeck share his thoughts about the death of the Ancient One in Strange Tales #157
- Joe Keatinge talk about how Sgt. Fury #35 might have inspired Inglorious Basterds and Quentin Tarantino definitely inspired him
- Matt Fraction coin the immortal phrase "Trojak Horsemak" while discussing Strange Tales #155
- Dave Dwonch compare notes with us about Iron Man and Captain America's stories in Tales of Suspense #85
- Jamie Wenger gamely follow along with the Secret Empire conspiracy that ran through 23 (!!) stories over the course of 13 (!!) months
- Jackie Kashian explain how to approach entertainment contracts in the context of Thor #129
- Brian "Unipiper" Kidd express his disbelief that the "Jane Foster goes to Asgard" story is a thing that existed in Thor #136
- Matt Fraction (again) lose his mind at how good the Kingpin's debut was in Amazing Spider-Man #50-52
- Seanbaby break down the insanity that is Fat Garbage Thor in Daredevil #30
Comics We Covered This Season: Amazing Spider-Man #37-52 and Annual #3, Avengers #28-43, Daredevil #16-31 and Annual #1, Fantastic Four #51-66 and Annual #4, Not Brand Echh #1-2, Sgt. Fury #30-45 and Annual #2-3, Strange Tales #145-160, Tales of Suspense #78-93, Tales to Astonish #80-95, Thor #128-143 and Annual #2, X-Men #20-35, ©1966-67 Marvel Comics.
"Marvel by the Month" theme by Robb Milne, sung by Barb Allen. All incidental music by Robb Milne. Visit us on internet at marvelbythemonth.com.