EVENING CHANTING & GUIDED MEDITATION: Contentment
This time we're including our regular Sunday afternoon chanting/puja at the beginning, as some may be interested to hear what we're chanting.
You can read the text for our chanting in the Amaravati Chanting Book Vol 1 here:
- Page 18: Dedication of Offerings (Pali Language)
- Page 20: Homage to the Buddha & Recollection of the Buddha (Pali)
- Page 24: Recollection of the Dhamma (Pali)
- Page 26: Recollection of the Sangha (Pali)
- Page 37: The Buddha's Words on Loving Kindness (English)
- Page 41: Reflections on Universal Well Being (English)
- Page 43: Suffusion with the Divine Abidings (English)
Next, in the guided meditation Ajahn Dhammasiha encourages us to develop contentment in our meditation. Trying to push, and wishing and wanting to attain anything is the slowest way, which will actually only lead to frustration.
Instead, we're completely content with the breath in the present moment, not trying to get anywhere. Perfect contentment here and now, just watching the breath in silence and stillness, is the 'fastest' way into samādhi.