EXCLUSIVE: Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla on the Delta Variant, Boosters and Masks Indoors (Part 1)
Andy gets answers to listeners’ most important questions from Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla in Part 1 of a two-part interview, including how the Pfizer vaccine is holding up against the Delta variant, if we'll need booster shots, the data out of Israel showing waning immunity after six months, if Albert is wearing a mask indoors again, and more. Bourla is back next week to talk about kids under 12, full FDA approval, and vaccinating the globe. Plus, Andy reacts to the new CDC recommendation regarding indoor masking for some vaccinated people.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt and Instagram @andyslavitt. Check out In the Bubble’s Twitter account @inthebubblepod.
Follow Albert Bourla on Twitter @AlbertBourla.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
- Throughout the pandemic, CVS Health has been there, bringing quality, affordable health care closer to home—so it’s never out of reach for anyone. Learn more at cvshealth.com.
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Check out the CDC’s latest guidance for fully vaccinated people : https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html
- Learn more about the Israeli data suggesting waning effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/23/science/covid-vaccine-israel-pfizer.html
- Read more about Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine efforts: https://www.pfizer.com/science/coronavirus/vaccine-efforts
- Find a COVID-19 vaccine site near you: https://www.vaccines.gov/
- Order Andy’s book, Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250770165
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.