EXCLUSIVE: Sleeping Patterns Gone Awry Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
Plenty of time at home. Self-isolation. Binge-watching television shows. No commuting. Working remotely.
You would think that with all the time spent at home these days, folks would be getting more and better sleep, right? Wrong!
The truth is, according to Dr. Nick van Terheyden, that there are daunting obstacles to getting a good night’s sleep, with all the additional worries and fear induced by the COVID-19 pandemic and associated challenges in our economy and society. Reporting our lead story during this edition of the long-running Talk Ten Tuesdays weekly Internet radio broadcast will be “Dr. Nick the Incrementalist,” founder of Incremental Health, who has previously reported here that sleep is “this amazing new treatment that allows you to live longer, improves your memory, makes you more creative and slimmer, (and) decreases (risk of) cancer, dementia, infections, heart disease, strokes, and diabetes.” Now, if only there were a vaccine for sleep disorder.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- Special Report: Transgender Rights: On June 14, 2019, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) proposed what it described as “substantial revisions” to its regulations implementing Section 1557 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, and disability in health programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance. The new rules governing this, recently implemented, will narrow the scope of the existing HHS regulations. Nationally recognized professional coder and auditor Terry Fletcher provides the details on this important story.
- Tuesday Focus: HHS Provider Relief Fund at Risk: The HHS Provider Relief Fund could be valued at $25 billion less than expected. Organizations without efficient processes in place may find themselves at a disadvantage. Reporting on this developing story is Susan Gatehouse, founder and CEO of Axea Solutions.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, anchors the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- The Coding Report: Laurie Johnson reports on a current healthcare coding issue that has national importance.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer, MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, reports on another thought-provoking topic that has captured her attention.