Early Signs of Insulin Resistance & Heart Disease - Founder of the CAC Score - Dr. Arthur Agatston
I'm excited to sit down with Dr. Arthur Agatston. We talk about insulin resistance, beta-cell dysfunction, the Calcium Score, and much more! Make sure to listen to the full interview so you don’t miss out on the important details and how you can check for metabolic syndrome.
Arthur Agatston attended the New York University School of Medicine. He did his internal medicine training at Montefiore Medical Center at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and his cardiology fellowship at NYU. He spent a year on staff at NYU where he combined both academic medicines with clinical practice. Agatston then moved to the Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, associated with the University of Miami School of Medicine, and later became the director of the Mt. Sinai Non-Invasive Cardiac Lab.
Dr. Arthur Agatston is an internationally recognized pioneer in coronary disease prevention. Dr. Agatston worked with Dr. Warren Janowitz to develop the Agatston Score (the Calcium Score), a method of screening for coronary calcium as an indicator of atherosclerosis. Used throughout the world, it is considered by most experts to be the single best predictor of a future heart attack. He's also the creator of the South Beach Diet.
We discuss the following:
- About Dr. Arthur Agatston and the Agatston score
- Total cholesterol and particle size
- Familial congenital and CAC score
- Insulin resistance and beta-cell dysfunction
- About the Kraft test
- Types of hunger and sugar addiction
- How to clear pancreatic and liver fat
- How to get tested
- High ferritin on a carnivore diet
- Tips for a better heart health
- Zero carb heals quickly with Kraft test
- Where to find Dr. Arthur Agatston
- The Agatston Center: http://agatstoncenter.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/agatstoncenter
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theagatstoncenter/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Agatston_Center
CHECK OUT MY BOOK, Carnivore Cure
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
**DISCLAIMER: I am only here to provide support as a nutritional therapy practitioner and I am not providing medical advice. I always recommend working with a team of holistic practitioners, including your PCP and a certified nutritional therapy practitioner. Do not self-diagnose. Always seek medical guidance when you have a medical condition.
Use code NWJ at carnivorebar.com to get 10% off your order.