Eat, Sleep, Work, Repeat with Bruce Daisley
Burnout levels at work are on the rise. Bruce Daisley found that folks were quitting their jobs with no plan because the uncertainty was better than their current situation. Bruce is the author of Eat, Sleep, Work, Repeat: 30 Hacks for Bringing Joy to Your Job. He shares with Kevin that seeing unhappiness at work firsthand led him to want to figure out how people could connect with their jobs again. At the end of the day, regardless of where you work and your title, satisfaction from doing a good job is the same. Leaders need to get real about burnout. Bruce’s hacks are a result of science, research, data, and psychology. He shares what he discovered and offers examples to help give our work more meaning and find that joy.
In this episode, Bruce shares ideas about 1. The digital sabbath ad norms of engagement. 2. Social meetings. 3. Depersonalizing criticism and feedback.
This episode is brought to you by...
Unleashing Your Remarkable Potential, Kevin's free weekly e-newsletter. It's full of articles and resources to help you become a more confident and successful leader.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Eat Sleep Work Repeat: 30 Hacks for Bringing Joy to Your Job by Bruce Daisley
- Lost Connections: Why You’re Depressed and How to Find Hope by Johann Hari
- Connect with Bruce Daisley:
- Johann Hari: Everything You Think You Know About Addiction is Wrong | Ted Talk
- Johann Hari: This Could Be Why You're Depressed or Anxious | Ted Talk
- Related Podcast Episodes: