Election Special | Ep.42
Election results across England, Scotland and Wales showed more than ever why progressives need to work together – and what can happen when they do. We're joined by a stellar lineup to survey the aftermath, and work out where we go next:
- Sir John Curtice, polling expert, Professor of Politics at the University of Strathclyde and Senior Research Fellow at the National Centre for Social Research
- Caroline Lucas, Green MP for Brighton Pavilion
- Beth Winter, Labour MP for Cynon Valley
- Layla Moran, Liberal Democrat MP for Oxford West and Abingdon
- Tommy Sheppard, Scottish National Party MP for Edinburgh East
- Clive Lewis, Labour MP for Norwich South
From Hartlepool to Holyrood, we analyse the outcomes for the different progressive parties, as well as, crucially, what the results mean for the prospect of a Progressive Alliance to overturn the Tory majority in Westminster.
Almost 900 people joined the call live.
It's Bloody Complicated is recorded every second and fourth Tuesday of the month. Become a Compass member to join our live recordings and put your questions to our guests: https://action.compassonline.org.uk/podcast
Support the show (https://www.compassonline.org.uk/podcast/)