Emily Sobeck on Paraeducators and Inclusive Education
In this episode, we talk to Emily Sobeck about her recent articles on paraeducators and inclusive education. After asking her what paraedcuators and inclusive education are, Emily explains her interest in the topic from her time teaching special education. We discuss the problems facing paraeducators relating to their training, supervision, time with students, and some ways to help.
- Sobeck, E.E., Chopra, R., Uitto, D., Douglas, S., & Morano, S. (2020). Paraeducator supervision in pre-service teacher preparation programs: Results of a national survey. Psychology in the Schools.
- Yates, P., Chopra, R., Sobeck, E.E., Douglas, S., Schulze R., Morano, S. & Walker, V. (2020). Working with paraeducators: Tools and strategies for instructional planning, performance feedback, and evaluation. Intervention in School and Clinic, 56(1).
- Sobeck, E.E., Robertson, R., & Smith, J. (2020). The effects of didactic instruction and performance feedback on paraeducators’ use of positive behavior support strategies in inclusive settings. Journal of Special Education, 53(4), 245-255.
- Yates, R., Chopra, R., Douglas, S., Walker, V., Schulze, R., Sobeck, E.E., & Morano, S. (2019). Preparing Teachers for Effective Paraeducator Supervision. Teacher Education Division of the Council for Exceptional Children Practice Brief, Volume 3.
- Sobeck, E.E., Robertson, R., (2019). Perspectives on current practice and barriers of paraeducator training for individuals who work with students with autism in inclusive settings. Journal of the American Academy of Special Education Professionals.