Emotional Eating During the COVID-19 Crisis with Cassie Christopher
In Episode 55 of the Fit Strong Women Over 50, Chris and Jill speak with guest expert Cassie Christopher about emotional eating during COVID-19.
She is a Registered Dietitian who has helped hundreds of women overcome emotional eating, so they can focus on the people and things that are really important to them.
With a background in using genetics and lab data for chronic disease prevention, Cassie is also a behavior change expert who knows what it takes to make changes that will last.
- What are the different emotions that cause people to want to eat?
- Advice for those living with children or even adult children
- How to avoid emotional eating while we’re at home with a lot of food nearby.
- What's the difference between doing some emotional eating sometimes and having an eating disorder?
- Practicing self compassion
- Free support using the Headspace app during COVID-19 https://www.headspace.com/covid-19
- Quick protein options: canned tuna, chicken, beans, hard boiled egg
- Planning the day in advance
In addition, Cassie offers a free guide: Cut emotional eating in half by balancing your blood sugar! which is available at www.CassieChristopher.net/free. Full disclosure: you will need to provide your email address and will be signing up for her email list when you download the guide. The free guide is in editable PDF format, meaning that you can type in your food plan into the format and print it out, which can be quite helpful.
To follow Cassie on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CassieChristopherRD/