Encore: Daniel Amen on Overcoming Anxiety, Trauma, and Grief
Dr. Daniel Amen knows just how powerful a healthy brain is. As one of the world's best-known psychologists and authors at the intersection between neuroscience and psychology, he's performed an enormous amount of brain scans to understand what's going on in our heads during our most challenging moments.
Today Dr Daniel Amen shares his insights on overcoming anxiety, trauma, and grief. We discuss the very real implications of stress on our brain function and why good brain hygiene is imperative. Plus, Dr Daniel Amen shares actionable practices to combat anxiety that you can start!
We talk about:
- What is brain reserve?
- Your brain during the pandemic
- Habits and practices for overcoming anxiety
- How can a healthy brain help you to withstand stress?
- PTSD and post-traumatic growth
- The power of diaphragmatic breathing
- The first steps for coming to terms with grief