Encore: Technology and Mental Health with Dr. Rachael Kent
Rachael Kent is keeping an eye on your technology use! As a lecturer and researcher at King's College, Rachael's PhD and ongoing research examines how digital tech influences our mental and physical health. With three technology-saturated lockdowns under our belts, her work has become more relevant than ever!
Today on this encore episode of The Braincare Podcast, Rachael shares her fascinating findings about our increasingly digital-dependent lives. We discuss apps, notifications, and fitness trackers - the good, the bad and the ugly - and the fine line between helpful and coercive tech.We talk about:
- Leisure and labour with digital devices
- What is toxic productivity?
- Living lockdown lives online
- How to get intentional with tech
- Data acquisition and self-worth
- Fitness tracking apps - friend or foe?
- Digital detoxing