Ep 114: When doing 'right' doesn't mean doing more
"We tend to think that doing ‘right’ means doing ‘more’ and that isn’t always the case" - The Movement Maestro.
Today on The Movement and Mindfulness Podcast, I'm taking inspiration from the above quote. Let's talk about how this shows up in our movement practice, and why we want to be paying attention.
In this episode I cover:
- why our conscious and subconscious beliefs about what is 'right' or 'enough' or 'acceptable' drive our movement practices and how that can impact our experience both on and off the mat
- how remaining unconscious to these beliefs can disturb our ability to be self-kind and truly 'tune in' to what we need
- how this ties in to self trust and trusting we can navigate discomfort
- the difference between using self-kindness to opt out of discomfort versus navigating through it
- the ways in which movement is also a self-discovery practice
- why therapy is so valuable.
Tune in to find out more!
Come connect with me, Erica, here: