Ep 127: The Over Strategy - Division
We're wrapping up our series on the Over strategy. In this episode Pam and Kim reason through a Problem String to develop the Over strategy for division.
- A Problem String to develop relationships for the Over strategy for division
- Great teacher move that we call "the trail off method" to help students generalize and justify the relationships they are using
- Calling out the relationships vs direct teaching
- Where does the Over strategy fit in the hierarchy for division?
- Advantage of using a ratio table to model Partial Products vs 'lucky 7' or 'magic 7'
- Over strategy is helpful for addition and subtraction, but it is essential for efficient multiplication and division
Be sure to get the BIG download with all of the major strategies! https://www.mathisfigureoutable.com/big
Plus, get the download specifically for building the Over strategy for all four major operations: