Ep 128: Do, Say, Represent
Do your students ever say things like, "I just know" or "I don't know"? What can we do with that? How can we help students have meaningful discussions about their thinking and why is it so important? In this episode, Pam and Kim discuss the challenges of saying and representing our thinking, and how we can help students clarify their thinking in order to be able to discuss their strategies.
- When students say "I just know" because they just don't know what else to say or do
- We can do more than we can say and say more than we can represent
- Do, Say, Represent
- The importance of knowing your content and knowing your students
- Helping students grapple with and resolve disequilibruim helps clarify and solidify their learning
- Stay tuned for upcoming podcast for more about modeling to make student thinking visible