Ep 142: Fraction Division Part 1
Is fraction division figure-out-able? You bet! In this episode Pam and Kim tackle another listener submitted topic and reason through a fraction division Problem String.
- A sign of fake math
- An old wound for Pam and Kim
- A listener's question
- Two ways of thinking about division: partitively and quotitively
- A Problem String to develop division of fractions
- Why it helps to develop reasoning early with whole numbers
- Teacher moves to facilitate the string
See Episode 64 for another Problem String and discussion of thinking about quotitive division.
See Episodes 143, 144 and 155 for more about fraction division.
Check out our social media
Instagram: Pam Harris_math
Facebook: Pam Harris, author, mathematics education