Ep 143: Fraction Division Part 2
Fraction division does not have to be scary, and it certainly does not have to be memorized. In this episode Pam and Kim show how to reason through non unit fraction division problems.
- What is a unit fraction?
- What does it mean to think quotitively about division?
- A Problem String building on unit fraction understanding for division of non unit fractions
- How to model this Problem String
- Using whole number relations among fractions
- Fraction division is accessible!
See Episodes 142, 144 and 155 for more about fraction division.
Check out our social media
Instagram: Pam Harris_math
Facebook: Pam Harris, author, mathematics education