Ep 149: Subtraction: The Operation That Will Surprise You
There's so much power to understanding subtraction that extends all the way to higher math. In this episode Pam and Kim discuss beginning steps to help students develop an understanding of subtraction, preparing them for success.
- How does I Have, You Need apply to subtraction?
- Subtracting across zeros is a beast! So what do we do?
- Where subtraction helps in multiplication, division and beyond
- Understanding removal versus difference
- Why is this important for higher math?
- What happens if we force kids into steps?
- What you can do to help your students?
See Episode 150 for more about "Memorizing Subtraction Facts"
Check out our social media
Instagram: Pam Harris_math
Facebook: Pam Harris, author, mathematics education