Ep 152: Changing Math Habits
How do you naturally approach math problems? How do you wish you would naturally approach problems? In this episode Pam and Kim discuss how we as teachers and our students can form powerful new habits to become better mathematicians.
- We all have habits based on our own experiences
- Can we change our old habits?
- Is it easy to change old habits?
- Do you have to know the most efficient strategy when you start messing with a problem?
- Can you change your mind about which strategy you want to use after you have started working with a problem?
- How long does it take a student's numeracy to grow?
- Want to change some of your mathematical habits?
You can register for one of our fantastic online workshops now! The brand new Building Powerful Subtraction workshop is available, as well as all of the workshops from previous years. Don't miss your opportunity to transform your math teaching: https://www.mathisfigureoutable.com/workshops
Want to know which workshop is for you? Take this quiz: https://bit.ly/whichworkshop
Check out our social media
Instagram: Pam Harris_math
Facebook: Pam Harris, author, mathematics education