Ep 23: Christian Fortson on Nature & Addiction Recovery
Christian Fortson is a firefighter, EMT and wilderness guide in Montgomery County, Texas. He works with kids and adults to help them learn from nature and spend more time in the wilderness.
- "The thing about being in nature is it's uncomfortable, and I've never heard of anybody growing in a comfortable state."
- "Get outdoors more and spend time with people."
- Christian's introduction to the outdoors
- Spending time in jail
- Doing fulfilling work
- Sobriety at 19
- The danger of selfishness
- Living in a car for three months
- Leading at-risk teens into the wilderness
- Being alone in the wild & facing your thoughts
- 21 days & breaking habits
- Societal changes & enjoying nature
- Leaving no trace behind
- Essential equipment
- Helping without expectation
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store