Ep 28 | Reyna Walters-Morgan: Eliminating Barriers to Travel
In this episode, I interview Reyna Walters-Morgan, traveler, attorney, and podcaster with 34 countries (and counting) under her belt. As producer and host of the Travel Quips Podcast, she explores the latest in travel trends, opinions, etiquette and advice. She created her podcast in hopes of encouraging people to travel more and hate less. Reyna shares why she started traveling, the life-changing event that sparked her wanderlust, and her goal of helping eliminate travel barriers for others. And all in the back of a car, no less.
What You'll Learn
- Reyna’s favorite childhood traveling memories and what inspired her to travel more
- The unique traveling experiences that expanded her world view
- Why she prioritized traveling and how she budgeted for her adventures
- Her end goal of creating travel opportunities for underprivileged youth
- Why she started the Travel Quips Podcast and what the show entails
- 3 of her own travel barriers and how she addresses each one
- Tips for planning your future vacation and overcoming your own barriers
- Her dream of visiting 100 countries and her favorite countries so far
- Why Reyna believes traveling helps you understand things more and hate less
About Reyna Walters-Morgan
Reyna started her advocacy career as a student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she was the first woman of color and second woman in University history elected as Student Body President. Through a winding career in law and politics—one thing has always remained constant—her love of travel. Through her blog and the Travel Quips Podcast, she addresses issues affecting access to travel and provides her audience with the latest in travel trends, opinions, etiquette and advice. She uses her platforms to eliminate travel barriers and encourage others to live their best travel lives.
Find out more about Walter Davis - the philanthropist who changed Reyna’s life.
7 Steps to Free Travel
Enjoyed this episode? If so, please rate, review and subscribe as it really helps more people find the show...I would so appreciate it. If you'd like to know more about me, you can find me via my website or on social media: @jetsetlisette.