Ep 3: Be Connected to Nature by Serving It With Phill Monson, Adventure Responsibly
Stewardship is not always about massive projects, sometimes, it’s encouraging others to do little things that make a great impact.
In this episode, Bri sits with Phill Monson, Founder of Adventure Responsibly and they talk about his life’s purpose of promoting outdoor awareness and encouraging engagement in outdoor stewardship. He shares the B attitudes of the outdoors.
Listen up and learn more about this worthy cause.
Episode 3 at a glance:
- How Phill always had close access to the outdoors which caused outdoor principles and awareness to be ingrained in him since childhood.
- The direct correlation of being prepared with conservation in outdoor experience and the massive rippling effect of it.
- The greatest threats of access to the outdoors.
- The importance of having a reason for existing that is greater than yourself.
- Phill’s why and what in what he does.
- The difference between passion and being purpose-driven.
- Being connected to nature by serving it.
- How doing a little every day can create a big impact and change.
- The B attitudes of the outdoors.
- Instilling principles to younger generations
- Keeping nature wild is to pass on what we are enjoying currently. To put nature first, think about yourself second, and think how you would leave it better for the next generations.
Until the next episode!
Phill Monson is the founder of Adventure Responsibly.
Adventure Responsibly believes in encouraging people to enjoy the Great Outdoors responsibly and to Leave It Better. The way they do this is through design, messaging, and social impact.
Connect and know more about Phill and Adventure Responsibly here:
About the host:
Briana Sullivan is the Community Manager of Keep Nature Wild. Her passions for writing, trail running, and community building sparked and fires up the value that she brings to creating compelling and exciting content and campaign ideas.
More about Keep Nature Wild:
At Keep Nature Wild, we like to have fun outside. We share stories around the campfire. We look up at the stars. We dream big. We laugh—loudly. We bring that light-hearted spirit to every item we make and every outdoor cleanup we host. And together, we pick up one pound of trash for every product sold.
Our products are crazy cozy, super soft, and exceptionally comfy. We design outdoor apparel and accessories to bring a smile to your face, to brighten your day, to enable your next adventure, to spark connections, to build community, and to make our planet a better place.