Ep 376: The Importance Of A Growth Goal + How To Tell Whether It's Working (Repost)
With the new year right around the corner, I thought it would be the perfect time to reshare an episode that I published earlier this year all about the Growth Goal. If you want to get out of your own way in your business, setting a Growth Goal is the first step (this is why you’ll be guided through the process of setting your Growth Goal in one of the modules of my soon-to-be-released self-study course on Power Planning).
In this episode I’m going to be talking about the importance of a Growth Goal and some of the signs it’s working to get you out of your own way in your business. If you’re a PGSDer, or you’ve been listening to this podcast for a while, you’ll be familiar with a concept that I teach called the Impossible Goal.
The Impossible Goal is a goal that is set above what is possible for yourself. And by setting a goal in that way, we’re asking ourselves to grow into the person that can achieve that goal - rather than setting a ‘realistic’ goal that our present day self could achieve.
This goal does wonders when it comes to taking your perfectionism work from an intellectual pursuit to a day-to-day practice. And from now on, we’re going to be calling it a Growth Goal. In this episode, I share why I’m changing the name and what’s normal to expect as you pursue your Growth Goal.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why the Impossible Goal is now called the Growth Goal
- How to tell if you’ve set your Growth Goal too high
- The 5 stages of pursuing your Growth Goal and why each one is part of the process
- Why it’s worth pursuing a Growth Goal even with the ups and downs
- When The Power Planning Course is launching
Find the full episode transcript and show notes at samlaurabrown.com/episode376.
Featured In The Episode:
- Sign up for daily Perfectionist Power-Ups - samlaurabrown.com/power
- Follow me on Instagram @perfectionismproject