Ep 438: The Power Of Storytelling
Effective storytelling is a crucial part of hiring, flowing through recruitment marketing, employer branding, assessment and onboarding but does your organisation have a strategy that sits behind it? Knowing what kind of stories to tell and how and where to tell them is something that brings a considerable competitive advantage. So how can we all get better at telling our stories compellingly and effectively?
My go-to storytelling expert is journalist, writer and tech entrepreneur Shane Snow. I'm delighted to welcome him back to the show to do a deep dive into storytelling strategy. In a world of challenging talent markets and virtual hiring processes, this interview is a must listen for everyone.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Why business storytelling is important and what it can achieve
- The four elements of a great story
- Storytelling in employer branding and recruiting
- The three different types of business story
- Why should people care?
- How and where do you tell a story?
- Weaving storytelling into every piece of communication •
A full transcript will appear here shortly.