Ep 45 | Anjali Desai: Global Health Traveler
To kick off Season 3, I talk with Anjali Desai, an avid traveler and global health professional who has 40 countries under her belt. She is the Director of Strategy at Panorama, an action-tank that works to solve pressing global problems. She leads a team focused on outbreak preparedness and the COVID-19 pandemic. Anjali talks about what sparked her love of travel, where her studies and career have taken her around the world, and her work addressing the current global health crisis. She also thinks about how we can support those who depend on tourism to survive.
What You’ll Learn
- What sparked Anjali's love of travel, including her upbringing in Zambia
- What her early travel looked like
- What led her to pursue a Global Health career
- How she balances work travel with personal travel
- How she funds her travel
- What her favorite destinations are
- About her work at Panorama on outbreak preparedness and addressing the COVID-19 pandemic
- How her work can help countries that haven’t been hit as hard yet.
- What she encourages travelers to think about, now that travel is on hold
- Her future travel dreams
About Anjali Desai
Anjali's passion and commitment for social impact and justice work stems from her upbringing in Zambia. She is currently Director of Strategy at Panorama, a Seattle-based action-tank focused on solving global problems. Anjali loves to travel - whether a trip with her husband, solo, a study abroad, or for work! She has a goal of experiencing 50 countries before age 50 and is currently at 40. She’s a keen believer in leveraging credit card and airline points for travel and always finding a good deal!
You can say hi to Anjali on Instagram: @oboteroad.
This episode was generously sponsored by Waypoint Goods, makers of beautifully designed, functional travel scarves and the ultimate travel journal. They are generously offering Globetrotter Lounge podcast listeners a 15% discount – simply visit waypointgoods.com and enter JETSET at checkout.
Enjoyed this episode? If so, please rate, review and subscribe as it really helps more people find the show...I would so appreciate it.
If you'd like to know more about me, you can find me via my website or on social media: @jetsetlisette.