Ep 450: Attracting and Retaining AI Talent
Despite some highly publicised layoffs in the tech sector, macro trends are still driving a high demand for highly skilled tech professionals. This is particularly true in data science and AI, where hiring the right talent can have a significant business impact.
So what do employers need to do in the current market to ensure they are getting the talent they need?
My guest this week is Kevin Dewalt, CEO of Prolego, a leading AI consultant for Fortune 500 companies. Prolego has recently published a report to help companies get better at hiring data science talent, and Kevin has some valuable insights to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Why we are only at the beginning of a long-term trend in AI adoption and innovation
- The current state of tech hiring
- Why there is no new wave of talent in the market
- Creating the right working environment to be an employer of choice.
- Attention and attraction
- Gathering talent intelligence to understand motivations
- The critical importance of the hiring manager and why you should include them in the JD
- Longer-term structural considerations
- Prioritising learning and the importance of non-management career paths
- How to compete for talent with big tech
- The future of AI in recruiting technology