Ep 48 | Nour Brahimi: First Female Algerian Travel Vlogger
I talk with Nour Brahimi, the first female Algerian travel vlogger. In 2019, Africa Youth Awards named her one of the 100 most influential young Africans. Later that year, she was nominated as Algeria's best Instagrammer and YouTuber of 2019. Nour shares how and why she started traveling, the challenges of being a female travel content creator in a male dominated industry, and some of her favorite travel experiences. She also shares a story from a recent trip to Latvia that restores faith in humanity and basic kindness.
What You'll Learn
- What sparked Nour’s desire to travel
- The business she started that took off unexpectedly
- What inspired her to start creating travel videos
- Where she has traveled in the last 3 years
- Some of her favorite destinations
- How she ended up being on a TV show in Lebanon
- More about her YouTube channel and video content
- A wonderful travel story from her trip to Latvia
- Some of the challenges she has faced as a female Algerian vlogger
- About the recognition she is currently getting
- How she is navigating the pandemic
- Some of her future travel dreams
- How travel has changed her
- Her tips for those wanting to travel more
Where to find Nour Brahimi
This episode is sponsored by Waypoint Goods, makers of beautiful and functional travel scarves and journals. Globetrotter Lounge podcast listeners get a 15% discount – enter JETSET at checkout.
The episode is also sponsored by Manta Sleep. Their sleep masks and other sleep accessories help you maximize enjoyment of life and unlock your full potential through achieving quality sleep. Use JETSET to get 10% off at checkout.
Enjoyed this episode? If so, please rate, review and subscribe as it really helps more people find the show...I would so appreciate it.
If you'd like to know more about me, you can find me via my website or on social media: @jetsetlisette.