Ep #48- Am I Just My Brain? (ft. Dr. Sharon Dirckx)
Am I just my brain? How can we say we have an immaterial mind when we can control our actions and thoughts by stimulating our brain! Hasn’t science definitively shown that our brain is all there is? Maybe our brain is identical to our mind! Cambridge trained brain imaging scientist Dr. Sharon Dirckx (OCCA The Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics) differs. In this most intriguing of episodes Sharon converses with Jacob and shows why she concurs with Wilder Penfield, a pioneer of neuroscience.
Links and citation:
- Get the book ‘Am I Just My Brain’
- Mystery of the Mind: A Critical Study of Consciousness and the Human Brain (Princeton Legacy Library, 1793)- Wilder Penfield (pages 76, 80)
- Check out this fascinating interview by our friends at The Carpenter’s Desk: Dr. Gary Habermas Presents Compelling Evidence Against Naturalism (Near-Death Experiences)
- God on the Brain: What Cognitive Science Does (and Does Not) Tell Us about Faith, Human Nature, and the Divine
- The Blackwell Companion to Substance Dualism
- For more resources on this topic and others from the OCCA The Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics, visit the website https://www.theocca.org/
Watch the video podcast on our YouTube channel.
Equipping the believer defend their faith anytime, anywhere. Our vision is to do so beyond all language barriers in India and beyond!
SAFT Apologetics stands for Seeking Answers Finding Truth and was formed off inspiration from the late Nabeel Qureshi’s autobiography that captured his life journey where he followed truth where it led him. We too aim to be a beacon emulating his life’s commitment towards following truth wherever it leads us.
Check out our website, support us on Patreon and follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get exclusive updates!
Is there a question that you would like to share with us?
Reach us at: email@example.com
Send us your questions, suggestions and queries at: firstname.lastname@example.org