Ep 51 | Petronella Lugemwa: International Wedding Photography
Meet Petronella Lugemwa, founder of Petronella Photography, an award-winning international wedding photography studio that specializes in multicultural and interracial couples. Based in New York, her work has taken her around the world and has been featured in Essence magazine, Martha Stewart Weddings and more. Petronella shares what sparked her wanderlust, how she got into wedding photography, and some favorite travel adventures. She also talks about navigating the pandemic and the current focus on anti-racism.
What You'll Learn
- What sparked Petronella’s love of travel
- How she started traveling on her own as a young woman
- Her career journey from engineering to corporate business, and ultimately photography
- How she ended up going on a “mystery trip”
- Why she started a wedding photography business
- Her focus on multicultural weddings and honoring heritage
- Where her work has taken her around the world
- How she got started as a speaker
- How she is coping with not being able to travel
- Her response to the current focus on anti-racism
- One of her favorite travel experiences
- How has travel changed her
- Her top tip for travel photography
About Petronella Lugemwa
Petronella Lugemwa is a speaker, storyteller, writer and the Founder of Petronella Photography, an award-winning international wedding and marriage proposal photography studio based out of the New York area that specializes in helping multicultural, interracial or mixed couples celebrate their love in a modern way and believes that what makes you different makes you beautiful. She was named a Rising Star in wedding photography worldwide and photographed the Nov 2018 magazine cover. Her work has been featured in The Knot, Essence, Martha Stewart Weddings and MunaLuchi Bride. She loves traveling and has traveled to 6 continents & over 17 countries including Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia.
This episode is sponsored by Waypoint Goods, makers of beautiful and functional travel scarves and journals. Globetrotter Lounge podcast listeners get a 15% discount – enter JETSET at checkout.
The episode is also sponsored by Manta Sleep. Their sleep masks and other sleep accessories help you maximize enjoyment of life and unlock your full potential through achieving quality sleep. Use JETSET to get 10% off at checkout.
Enjoyed this episode? If so, please rate, review and subscribe as it really helps more people find the show...I would so appreciate it.
If you'd like to know more about me, you can find me via my website or on social media: @jetsetlisette.