Ep #65- Making Sense Of 'CAUSE' and 'NOTHING'
In this episode Steven and Jacob explore what it means to deny ‘everything that begins to exist has a cause’ and what we truly mean by ‘nothing’. Join them as they continue exploring and explaining the Kalam Cosmological Argument in the Natural Theology series.
00:50 Recap of last episode
01:27 Say it with us!
02:14 Meaning of Cause/Cuz/Because
02:56 Material vs Efficient Cause
05:02 What do we mean by Agent?
07:12 Why the distinction between Material and Efficient Cause?
08:15 What does denial of Premise 1 entail?
11:23 What do we mean by ‘nothing’?
14:03 Nothing has the property of having nothing?!
14:38 Universes alone may come from nothing?
17:58 Summarising the episode
18:32 Is a vacuum nothing?
Links and citation:
- Ep #64- The Most UNIQUE Argument For God?: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1034671/episodes/10790768
- Cosmic Skeptic & Dr. Craig Discuss the Kalam:
- Physicists & Philosophers reply to the Kalam Cosmological Argument featuring Penrose, Hawking, Guth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGKe6YzHiME
- PART ONE - WLC Responds to a Video Critiquing Him and the Kalam | Reasonable Faith Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01xiuvxoJfY
- Record a question and stand a chance to be featured on SAFT Podcast: https://www.speakpipe.com/saftpodcast
Watch the video podcast here (https://youtu.be/TNXRQQNae5M)
Interested to join our voluntary team as Graphic Designer? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipping the believer defend their faith anytime, anywhere. Our vision is to do so beyond all language barriers in India and beyond!
SAFT Apologetics stands for Seeking Answers Finding Truth and was formed off inspiration from the late Nabeel Qureshi’s autobiography that captured his life journey where he followed truth where it led him. We too aim to be a beacon emulating his life’s commitment towards following truth wherever it leads us.
Is there a question that you would like to share with us?
Send us your questions, suggestions and queries at: email@example.com