Ep 7: Understanding Climate and Equality Issues and Making an Impact With Diandra Marizet of Intersectional Environmentalist
Learning about the different climate and equality issues around us makes it easier for us to unpack and understand what is happening on a global level. This deep understanding also makes people want to do something to make an impact in the best ways that they can to make a better future for everyone.
In this episode, Bri interviews Diandra Marizet, the Co-Founder of Intersectional Environmentalist. She discusses the meaning of intersectional theory and how Intersectional Environmentalist started. She also shares her journey in IE, what it looks like now, and some of their future plans for it.
Listen up and learn more!
Episode 7 at a glance.
- Diandra's background and how she got to her current field.
- How Diandra's fashion background ties into her interest in passionate environmentalism.
- The most vulnerable and underrepresented communities in industry developments.
- The best way to show up and make an impact.
- What intersectional theory is and how Intersectional Environmentalist got its name.
- The people that inspire Diandra while working in IE.
- The parts of IE that Diandra is most passionate about and launching Earth Sessions
- What IE looks like now and rounding up the experiences and learnings doing it.
- Experiencing disconnections with some people that IE engages with.
Until the next episode!
Diandra Marizet is a co-founder of Intersectional Environmentalist.
Intersectional Environmentalist is an inclusive form of environmentalism advocating for the protection of all people and the planet.
Connect and know more about Diandra and Intersectional Environmentalist here:
About the host:
Briana Sullivan is the Community Manager of Keep Nature Wild. Her passions for writing, trail running, and community building sparked and fires up the value that she brings to creating compelling and exciting content and campaign ideas.
More about Keep Nature Wild:
At Keep Nature Wild, we like to have fun outside. We share stories around the campfire. We look up at the stars. We dream big. We laugh—loudly. We bring that light-hearted spirit to every item we make and every outdoor cleanup we host. And together, we pick up one pound of trash for every product sold.
Our products are crazy cozy, super soft, and exceptionally comfy. We design outdoor apparel and accessories to bring a smile to your face, to brighten your day, to enable your next adventure, to spark connections, to build community, and to make our planet a better place.