Ep 9: Awareness-Inspired Actions and Conversations With Amber Reimondo
Involve those who matter, but the question is, who really matters?
The most important voices to be heard are the voices of those who are directly impacted by what is happening. The communities being affected shouldn’t be an outside party but should be brought to the table of decision-making.
In this episode, Amber Reimondo, Energy Director of Grand Canyon Trust talks about how she started to be aware of what’s happening around her and how it got her to what she’s doing today. She also shares her knowledge of the impacts of mining on Native and Indigenous communities and her experience of working with different people in society.
Listen up and understand more.
Episode 9 at a glance:
- Amber’s background and what got her interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree in environmental and national resources
- The biggest changes Amber saw around her town
- Amber’s career exposure in conservation projects
- Working with conservative people or people you don’t agree with
- Amber’s first experience at the Grand Canyon and Colorado river
- Colorado Plateau, and the Grand Canyon Trust
- Uranium mining and its dangers
- Bringing the impacted community members to the table of decision making
- The ways people can help the impacted communities
Until the next episode!
Amber Reimondo is an Energy Director at Grand Canyon Trust.
Grand Canyon Trust is an environmental non-profit organization that's focused on safeguarding the Grand Canyon and the Colorado Plateau while supporting the rights of native people.
Connect and know more about Amber and Grand Canyon Trust here:
Find out how you can donate here: https://www.grandcanyontrust.org/donate
About the host:
Briana Sullivan is the Community Manager of Keep Nature Wild. Her passions for writing, trail running, and community building sparked and fires up the value that she brings to creating compelling and exciting content and campaign ideas.
More about Keep Nature Wild:
At Keep Nature Wild, we like to have fun outside. We share stories around the campfire. We look up at the stars. We dream big. We laugh—loudly. We bring that light-hearted spirit to every item we make and every outdoor cleanup we host.
Our products are crazy cozy, super soft, and exceptionally comfy. We design outdoor apparel and accessories to bring a smile to your face, to brighten your day, to enable your next adventure, to spark connections, to build community, and to make our planet a better place.