Ep 95: Living a Values-Based Life with Laura Jean
Today, I'm thrilled to Welcome Laura Jean from Dietitian Values to the podcast to talk all about living a values-based life.
In this episode we talk about:
- What values are and how they are different from what we value
- What it means to 'show up in other people's values' and how this impacts how we show up in our lives
- How to discover your own values (and why it's important to understand that they will change)
- Why listening to your body can help reveal your values
- Why 'should' is a red flag (and what to do instead)
- Why imperfection is a reality (and ok!)
- The importance of self-compassion (the closest thing to a magic wand Laura can offer)
- What we need to know about how the 'system' holds us back
Tune in to hear more!
Laura Jean is a nondiet dietitian passionate about liberating women from diet culture AND liberating dietitians from the 'business as usual' status quo.
Laura is an Accredited Practising Dietitian with over 18 years experience working across community health, health promotion, non-government, defence and private practice.
Her mission is to support dietitians (and other health professionals) to build values based businesses where they, and the humans they work with, can flourish.
You can find Laura on Instagram and on her website.
Liked this episode? I'd love you to take the time to leave a rating and review! It helps others to find and enjoy the podcast too.
Come share your thoughts with me - Erica - over on Instagram, Facebook or via my website.