Ep. 111 • How To Survive & Thrive as a LA Hairstylist w/ @buddywporter
Buddy Porter found success quickly in Los Angeles; he attests it to assisting, working hard, and saying yes to every opportunity. He goes over what aspects would be in his hypothetical book, 'How To Survive & Thrive as a LA stylist in 5 Years" and more:
• How he got into hair; hated classroom work but fought through it - really got into hair once he hit the floor and changed people’s looks. Took to cutting but not color; moved to LA to gain experience and get away from color.
• Being rep’ed by an agency: What jobs does this entail? How’s the pay?
• Behind the Chair: getting to the point of doing only the clients you want
• Business tactics/advice: His pricing strategy: Client get price for life, but he raises his price each year & new clients get the current price.
• Wave the Wand: How he would change the industry
• How to become successful in LA in 5 years: Assisting in LA, Client Retention, Staying professional.
• His Hair Horror Story!
Find us on Instagram:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: