Ep. 117 • Is Your Salon Legal? Update! What you need to know about new rule AB 5 w/ attorney Jason Ross
As a salon owner, will you be legal? As an indie hairdresser, will you become an employee? California's new employment law takes effect Jan. 1st, 2020 with many other states watching to see how it all shakes out.
@loveerictaylor spoke once more with employment attorney Jason Ross, who specializes in this new law as it relates to hairdressers. There have been updates and exemptions for our industry since the law was passed, so we asked Jason to fill us in on what's going on.
- For an in-depth discussion on the law, check out his first interview on Ep.68
• Review of the Supreme Court decision & ABC Test for employee/indie worker
• What has happened since the change: AB5 taking effect Jan 1 2020
• Examining your salon philosophically as opposed to legally
• Examples of things beauty pros need to do to remain independent within salons
Find us on Instagram:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: