Ep. 139 • Outgrowing Your Shell (and Finding a New One) w/ @hairbyfranco
Franco Hernandez has spent 30 years in the industry being open to challenges and reaching beyond his situations. As a salon owner, stylist, & sponsored artist he discusses balancing the artistry of hair and the business aspects of running your own salon. We also get into the importance of mentoring and educating in his life and how a negative experience early on shaped his entire career outlook.
• Striking a balance between artistry and business & how to become better at both
• Opening a salon 4 weeks before the quarantine
• Handling client communication
• Plans and processes for eventual reopening
• Importance of selling retail & affiliate programs
• How he balances behind the chair, salon ownership, and sponsorship responsibilities
• What he has been working on during the quarantine
• His Hair Horror Story & how it shaped his career
Have you left a review for The Hair Game Podcast yet? This week’s Pod Loot winner is getting Apple Airpods w/ charging case! To enter, just leave a review on the Apple podcasts app or stitcher.com. Don't forget to leave your Instagram handle so we can find you!