Ep. 141 • @Guy_Tang: How to Transform an Industry
Guy Tang created the blueprint for today's hair influencers and ambassadors by mixing entertainment, hair education, talent and personality.
However, what is comfortable and normal now WASN'T back then. Showing his authentic self wasn't seen as 'appropriate' or professional, leading him to forge the @guytang_mydentity brand all on his own.
He opens up about:
• Growing up in Oklahoma & a horrible experience with racism
• Finding purpose from doing hair
• Hiding his sexuality for many years & finally finding his identity
• Disrupting the hair industry; mixing education & entertainment while being his authentic self
• Other avenues of creativity; why he feels it is important for stylists to explore creativity in other ways.
• His thoughts on getting through our current quarantine situation
Have you left a review for The Hair Game Podcast yet? This week’s Pod Loot winner is getting a Roomba! To enter, just leave a review on the Apple podcasts app or stitcher.com. Don't forget to leave your Instagram handle so we can find you!