Ep. 155 • What the PBA Does For You w/ Steve Sleeper
Steve Sleeper, Executive Director of the Professional Beauty Association (@probeautyassoc) gives us a rundown on all aspects of the PBA and how it helps you and your fellow hairdressers. We also included an update from him on what the PBA has been doing during the pandemic to assist us.
For more info or to join, visit https://www.probeauty.org/
• How he got into the beauty industry
• When & why the PBA started
• What the PBA does: gov’t affairs – deregulation & license requirements
• What the PBA does: gov’t affairs - taxes, labor, wage issues
• PBA expos and shows: what the PBA does to set them up (pre-covid)
• Trends in the industry: product purchasing & digital presence
• Researching and data: having info available for people
• Membership benefits of the PBA – insurance, advocacy, tools & how much it costs
Have you left a review for The Hair Game Podcast yet? This week’s Pod Loot winner is getting a $150 Amazon Gift Card! To enter, just leave a review on the Apple podcasts app or stitcher.com. Don't forget to leave your Instagram handle so we can find you!