Ep. 16: Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Challenge
If you’ve never had a chance to see Rip Esselstyn live at your local market, this is a chance to hear him riff on the seven pillars, dispense myths and rumors about the foods we consume, and inspire change in his no-nonsense effective way.
This special episode is a primer on the Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Program and the seven pillars that go along with the program. It's the program outlined in Rip’s third book, The Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet and it’s also the speech Rip gives on his Whole Foods Market tours around the country.
The Seven-Day Rescue is also the roadmap used during the Engine 2 seven-day medical immersion programs, where we do a serious deep dive into the seven pillars while building the daily habits that will allow participants to sustain this lifestyle and the results that it delivers over the long haul. Anyone can follow along!
This episode literally is a “how-to” on the Engine 2 Diet. Rip lays out exactly what foods to enjoy and which to avoid in this handy download. Consider this your roadmap to plant-strong longevity.
Who is this episode (and the Seven-Day Rescue) for?
- Anyone that's looking to aggressively reverse symptoms that have been caused by the standard American diet.
- Anyone who feels buried under excessive weight, high blood pressure, type two diabetes, etc. - lifestyle diseases which can be reversed.
- Anyone who is avoiding a trip to the Doctor because they know a prescription awaits.
- Or, anyone who is already on a stack of prescriptions and wants to get off of them.
- Anyone who has gotten off track - perhaps they are already eating a “plant-based” diet, but want to clean it up and get back on track without oils and processed foods. (Guilty! -- Summer travel and vacations do make it hard to stay on track)
What are the Seven Pillars?
- Why we love plants
- Why we love whole plant-based foods - no processed junk and no oils
- Why we do not want to drink our food - we want to chew, more satiety, nutrients
- Why we want to be mindful of calorie density
- Why we want to limit protein
- Why we limit the amount of salt, sugar and fat we consume -- read labels!
- Why we want to move
As Rip says in the episode, this is the VARSITY program so that you can yield the greatest results in the shortest amount of time. We’re with you on this journey to health and vitality.
Support for this week's episode comes from Nutramilk - the easiest and fastest way to make your own plant milk at home! Enjoy a $50 discount and free shipping with code PLANTSTRONG.
Seeking a solution for making the plant-strong lifestyle convenient and inspiring? The Plant-Strong Meal Planner offers 1000s of recipes customized to your preferences, an integrated shopping list and grocery delivery! Our Engine 2 Coaches are on hand to offer support and answer any questions - all for $1.90 a week when you sign up for a year. Visit our Plant-Strong Meal Planner today!