Ep. 16 - 10 Quintillion White Horned Devils
- Are all the ants as heavy as all the humans? (BBC) SPOILER: NO.
- The Bugs Of The World Could Squish Us All (Five Thirty Eight)
“There’s an estimated 10 quintillion insects on the globe,” said Julie Peterson, professor of entomology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. “That’s 10 with 18 zeros after it, and that’s just insects. That’s not counting other arthropods like spiders and mites.” Insects — along with ticks, centipedes, spiders and all the other land-dwelling creepy-crawlies that we colloquially call “bugs” — probably represent as much as 80 percent of the species on this planet. In contrast, humans are a single species, made up of (as of this writing) 7,386,922,190 individuals.
- Dennis’ Termite Video (YouTube)
- Insect burgers go on sale in Swiss supermarkets (Telegraph)
- Impossible Foods, makers of the Impossible Burger (Wikipedia) – Erik was wrong, they are made from plants (so far).
- Worldwide Favorites: Grand McExtreme Bacon Burger ad (YouTube)
- Grand McExtreme Bacon Burger from Spain (McDonalds)
- Google Maps Street View from square in Slovenia (Google Maps)
- Will Baby Birds Be Rejected by Their Mother If You Handle Them? (Snopes) SPOILER: NO.