Ep. 173 • How Addiction Nearly Cost Her Everything w/ @theplatinumgiraffe
This is part 1 of an incredibly inspirational and candid conversation with Sarai Speer.
Artist, educator, and Artistic Director Sarai dealt with addiction through most of her adult life until one important person stepped in and kept her from losing everything, including her life. She shares her amazing journey with us.
This week's topics:
• Getting into hair and being stifled creatively at her first commission salon
• Buying a salon with a fellow booth renter 9 months after beauty school; falling into drugs and losing it all
• Dealing with addiction
• Her wake-up call that turned her life around
• Dealing with new found feelings during sobriety
• Learning to forgive and finding her passion again
• Avoiding fear & the power of positivity
Have you left a review for The Hair Game Podcast yet? This week’s Pod Loot winner is getting Apple Airpods! To enter, just leave a review on the Apple podcasts app or stitcher.com. Don't forget to leave your Instagram handle so we can find you!