Ep. 225 - Building Your Dream Business with The Skimm Founders Carly Zakin and Danielle Weisberg
Today we are joined by theSkimm co-founders, Carly Zakin and Danielle Weisberg. In 2012, friends Carly and Danielle created this subscription based newsletter full of easy to digest news stories. The Skimm makes it easier to live a smarter life by integrating in the routines of their target audience, female millennials. In our conversation today, the four of us talk about creating culture within a growing company, starting a business with your close friend and what challenges that brings, building a team, and much more.
We also talk about:
- Leaving their jobs to start the Skimm
- Deciding what to spend their money on
- Staying aligned with one another + letting other people in
- Self-care and setting boundaries
- The upcoming book + tour for Carly and Danielle
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- Learn more: theskimm.com
- Instagram: @theskimm
- Download: theSkimm App
- Listen: Daily Skimm
- Read: How To Skimm Your Life
- June 20th: Los Angeles with Bree Melanson
- July 27th: San Francisco with Lacy Phillips
- Almost 30 Retreat
- Alchemized Life Podcast | Head to avajohanna.com/podcast to learn more
- Honeybook | Use code ALMOST30 for 50% off the first year of Honeybook at honeybook.com
- FitVine Wine | FitVine is offering 10% off your first order a www.FitVineWine.com. From now until August 4th, use code ALMOST30 at checkout to redeem your discount. Plus when you order a case, shipping is included!
- Chosen Foods | Use code ALMOST30 for 50% off at chosenfoods.com/almost30
- Buffy | Go to www.buffy.co use code ALMOST30 for $20 off
- SAKARA | Go to sakara.com/almost30 and use code ALMOST30 for $60 off your first order
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media