Ep. 251 - Bumble’s Alex Williamson on Shifting Gender Dynamics, Dating + Creating a Safe Space Online
Are you looking to connect with people through dating, making new friends, or networking? Today we are joined by former Chief Brand Officer of Bumble, Alex Williamson, to discuss what makes Bumble different from other social and dating apps. As a company, they value kindness and respect, and empower women to make the first move.
Alex describes how Bumble ensures that their users have a positive experience and feel safe. For example, they are taking steps to criminalize the sending of lewd pictures. She gives tips for creating a profile, like avoiding group pictures, and the importance of showcasing who you are to avoid heartache. We love and appreciate how Alex really dives into the issues with online dating, outdated gender norms, and how you can find true connection (friendships and relationships!) through the use of Bumble.
We also talk about:
- Feeling empowered in relationships
- Advice to avoid abuse from dating apps
- Respectful & compassionate dating
- Bumble BFF & Bizz
- Favorite stories from couples who have met on bumble
- Establishing a strong brand voice
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- September 18th: Nashville with Julie Solomon
- September 19th: Nashville with Dr. Josh Axe
- October 3rd: NYC with Nikki Glaser
- October 4th: NYC with Erin Claire Jones
- Athletic Greens | Get 20 travel packs FREE ($79 value) with your first purchase at www.athleticgreens.com/almost30
- Dr. Roebucks | Visit sephora.com and search for Dr. Roebucks
- Buffy | Go to www.buffy.co use code ALMOST30 for $20 off
- Chosen Foods | Use code ALMOST30 for 50% off at chosenfoods.com/almost30
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media