Ep. 264 - ClassPass’s Payal Kadakia on the Problem Solving Cycle + How to Act on Your WHY
We are thrilled for today’s interview because this amazing woman’s passion project is a huge part of our everyday lives. Please welcome the founder of ClassPass, Payal Kadakia! ClassPass is a fitness membership that lets you take classes at a variety of locations in your area. Spin, barre, pilates, yoga, or gym time—it’s all under one membership! It also allows you to tap into the local communities when traveling.
Payal shares how before founding ClassPass she was unfulfilled in her corporate job, trying to balance work with her love of dance. She illustrates the fear she experienced before leaving her job, along with the passion behind entrepreneurship—like focusing on the problem you’re trying to solve versus your idea. Payal explains the market research and fundraising involved, how ClassPass has grown over the years, and what we have to look forward to in the future. When it comes to her passion for dance, Payal shares how it connects her to her Indian culture and feeds her love of giving to people, which is how she came to found ClassPass.
For a free month of ClassPass, visit classpass.com and use the code ALMOST30!
We also talk about:
- Being in your masculine vs. feminine
- Balancing Payal’s corporate job with dance
- Payal’s relationship with her parents
- Having an identity crisis & living two lives
- When she saw a hole in the market to start ClassPass
- Most difficult part of keeping partners and customers happy
- The team atmosphere when starting off
- The hardship of being an entrepreneur
- Redefining what words mean to you
- Instagram accounts L&K love
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- October 29th: Washington D.C. with Heidi Stevens
- October 30th: Philadelphia with K&L
- November 26th: Melbourne with Rosie Acosta
- November 28th: Sydney with Jessica Sepel
- December 7th: Los Angeles with K&L
- December 12th: Miami with K&L
- Skinny Dipped | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off at skinnydipped.com
- Four Sigmatic | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off your order at foursigmatic.com/almost30
- Away | Use code ALMOST30 for $20 off a suitcase at awaytravel.com/almost30
- Buffy | Go to www.buffy.co use code ALMOST30 for $20 off
- Ancient Nutrition | Visit ancientnutrition.com and use code ALMOST20 for 20% off
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media