Ep. 269 - Tezza: Behind The Instagram
K & L share some details from their trip to NYC! They hit up SoulCycle and FORWARD_Space for some fun workouts, and conducted interviews for upcoming shows. They sat down with today’s guest, Tezza! Photographer, musician, creative director, stylish QUEEN whom they deeply admire… the ladies are thrilled to share this interview with you, as it gets deep and reveals a side of Tezza you may not know.
Today’s interview with creative genius and Instagram influencer, Tezza, is so special to us. She has the biggest heart, contagious passion, and deserves every ounce of her fame. She’s the founder of by Tezza and creator of the Tezza app, which has over 1 million users every month! Tezza begins by opening up about her childhood. She was raised in Utah in a family of creative entrepreneurs, which really allowed her creativity to flourish. At age 16, she not only started her own photography business, but attended Parsons School of Design for fashion.
Our conversation gets real, honest, and emotional when she talks about her love for music and the band she formed with her sister, Sophie. During Tezza’s first year in college, Sophie unexpectedly passed away. She shares about her grieving process and how she and her family live in her sister’s memory. We also ask about Tezza’s relationship with Instagram, creating a sustainable business, how she chooses partners and collaborations, and misconceptions people have about influencers. Tezza, WE LOVE YOU. Can’t wait for you to listen, #almost30nation.
We also talk about:
- How Tezza’s music is a spiritual experience
- Using your voice and being authentic
- What Tezza’s creative process looks like
- The work dynamic between Tezza and her husband
- Tezza’s self-care routine
- A recent, exciting moment in Tezza’s career
- What Tezza is really proud of right now
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- If you’re in NYC, checkout the dance classes at FORWARD_Space!
- Give Tommy Cramer a follow on insta! He came on tour with us in NYC—we love his humor and photography.
- Shoutout to Sonder for making our stay in NYC cozy and classy! Use code ALMOST30 for a 10% discount on your stay.
- November 26th: Melbourne with Rosie Acosta
- November 28th: Sydney with Jessica Sepel
- December 7th: Los Angeles with K&L
- December 12th: Miami with Nikki Novo
- SafeSleeve | Use code ALMOST30 for 10% off at safesleevecases.com
- Article | www.article.com/ALMOST30 for $50 off a purchase of $100 or more
- Comrad Socks | Visit comradsocks.com/almost30 or use code ALMOST30 at checkout for 20% off your first order.
- Calm | Get 25% off a Calm premium subscription at www.calm.com/almost30
- Athletic Greens | Get 20 travel packs FREE ($79 value) with your first purchase at www.athleticgreens.com/almost30
- STUNN | Visit stunnco.com/almost30 or use code ALMOST30 at checkout to receive 20% off your first order.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media